2007–2010 Greater Media Detroit WMGC
- Fill in week days
Remote Studio Engineer
2006–2007 CBS Radio Detroit WOMC
Oldies 104.3 Detroit, MI
in other air shifts
- Remote Studio Engineer
- Commercial production
TeleSouth Broadcasting News/Talk Jackson, MS
Anchor - Reporter - Editor - Producer - Talk Show Host
- Write, edit, voice & produce hourly news casts for
the Mississippi News Network and the South Carolina News Network servicing over 200 radio stations.
- Compile and execute
daily call sheet.
- Cover news & press conferences.
- Conduct interviews (1 on 1, news conferences, phone)
Isolate and lift sound bites from recorded interviews, and develop a story around it.
- Call-in breaking live field reports.
Develop relationships with government agencies on local, state, and national levels.
- Co host & producer of The Health
Nuts. A live call-in health & fitness talk show 3/99-6/2001.
1990 - 1998 Clear Channel Radio WJDX Mix-96.3 Jackson, MS
Asst. PD - On-air
- Obtained highest ratings ever on
all shifts over 8 year span (AM & PM Drive, Pillow Talk, & Lunchtime at the Oldies)
- Hired, trained & scheduled
- Scheduled remote talent and weekend/holiday shifts
- Production and copywriter asst.
-1989 Pioneer Broadcasting KWHL - Anchorage, AK
Director - On-air
- Write, edit, produce & deliver news during morning show.
- Wrote, voiced & produced
comedy bits for morning show.
- Voiced & produced commercials
- Reported for AP and stations nationwide on coverage
of the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill
1985 - 1988 Lewis Broadcasting WSTZ
Z-106.7 Jackson, MS.
Music Director - On-air Morning Drive
- Production (write, voice, produce commercials)
- Develop promotions
- Record Rep relations
NexGen Prophet System, Audio Vault, Klotz Digital, Short Cuts, SAWPlus32,
SAW, Cool Edit Pro, CartWorks, ISDN, Excalibur, Tascam32 Multi-track reel to reel, Carts & Cart Deck, various boards,
Associated Press, Microsoft.
- 20+ years as a staff & freelance copywriter
for clients including YMCA, Twisted Toy Box, Party City, etc.
- Previous successful property & food management experience
(budgets, P&L, manage 30+ employees)
- State of the art home studio www.motorcityvoiceover.com
- Proficient in
Guy Copland has appeared in Feature Films, Television and Cable Series, TV & radio
commercials, professional and community theatre productions, and has performed across the country for nearly two decades entertaining
audiences with his blend of comedy, magic, and impressions opening for such headliners including Carrot Top, Thea Vidal, Mike
Green, Nick Gazza, John Kay & Steppenwolf, Bachman Turner Overdrive, and Omar & the Howlers. Guy is also an experienced
emcee, spokesman, product specialist, and guerilla marketer.